NICAS Children’s Courses – Level 1 & 2 qualifications
25 April @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
What are the aims of NICAS
- to develop climbing movement skills and improve levels of ability
- to learn climbing rope-work and how to use equipment appropriately
- to develop risk assessment and risk management skills in the sport
- to work as a team, communicate with, and trust a climbing partner
- to provide a structure for development, motivation and improved performance
- to develop an understanding of the sport, its history and future challenges
- to provide a record of personal achievement
- to point the way to further disciplines and challenges in climbing beyond the scheme.
1. New Climber
An entry level aimed at novices that recognises their ability to climb safely under supervision.
2. Foundation Climber
Aimed at promoting good practice in climbing and bouldering unsupervised on an artificial wall.
This is a 6 week course
(Minimum age of all participants 8 years)