Lowland Leadership Course
The Lowland Expedition Leadership Qualification (LEL) gives delegates the opportunity to develop essential leadership skills they can use in the outdoor environment and arranging other trips and expeditions. The qualifications recently underwent important changes meaning they are it is now easier for delegates and tutors to monitor progress throughout the course by means of Delegate Evidence Records.
The course is suitable for a wide range of educational and aspirant outdoor professionals.
- Those who complete the Level 3 Qualification in Lowland Expedition Leadership can participate in delivery of Duke of Edinburgh Bronze/Silver awards
- Can support qualifications such as BTECs in Public Services and Sport by providing experience of outdoor leadership
- The Level 3 Qualification in Lowland Expedition Leadership is perfect for teachers/tutors who want to lead their own outdoor expeditions with students and is recognised by many local authorities
- Helps young people develop a long-lasting passion for outdoor physical activity
- Enhance your organisation’s offer to local schools and community groups
- Help create a future employment and volunteer workforce
- Improve young people’s awareness of the local environment
- Help develop young peoples self reliance and leadership skills
Why Adventure Dolphin?
Adventure Dolphin tutors have a very wide experience in teaching outdoor skills and leadership and have been involved in running courses under the auspices Sports Leaders (The Awarding Body) for this and its predecessor qualifications for over 20 years. The tutors are committed walkers both in the lowlands and Mountains in the UK and abroad and have been responsible for running many youth expeditions as well as a wealth of experience in training and assessing DofE expeditions from Bronze to Gold. We have a relaxed informal approach and make the course skills fun as well as being instructive.
The Course price is a competitive £395 per delegate and this includes the Assessment Weekend and the Sports Leaders registration fee.
The course content is comprehensive and covers skills such as navigation, remote supervision outdoors clothing as well as camping and cooking. The ‘soft’ skills of organisation, risk assessment leadership are also covered. We also try to include the DofE Supervisor’s Course during the Course hours for those who may require it. The full course content can be found on the Sports Leaders website. https://www.sportsleaders.org/files/Specifications/SL0785_LEL3-LWL3_V5_01-18.pdf
|2||08/01/19||Introductions and Remit/Leadership and Groups||2|
|W1||12/01/19||Compass & Navigation / Feet / Boots / Reflection||10|
|W1||13/01/19||Kit / Fitness||8|
|3||15/01/19||Planning / Route cards / Food||2|
|4||22/01/19||Remote supervision – part one||2|
|5||29/01/19||Remote supervision – part two||2|
|DW||02/02/19||Local day walk/navigation||8|
|6||05/02/19||Weather and Incident Management||2|
|7||12/02/19||Local day walk/Navigation||2|
|8||19/02/19||Environment & Country Code||2|
|9||26/02/19||Expedition & Trip Paperwork/Risk Assessment||2|
|W2||29/02/2019||Routes for weekend||2|
|W2||03/03/19||Compass Work / Relocation practise||8|
|W2||05/03/19||Leadership ability / Knowledge / Fitness / Swot||2|
|9||12/03/19||Teaching Outdoors Skills||2|
|10||19/03/19||Filling in the DER (logbook)||2|
|11||21/03/18||Self Analysis with tutors and Completion plan||3|
|W3||29/03/19||Camp and Night Navigation||2|
|W3||30/03/19||Walk & Camp||10|
|W3||31/03/19||Walk & Camp||8|
|13||03/09/19||Log book submission||2|
|Hours Grand Total||116|