The Social Team has decided it’s time to play on the Thames! This is your chance for you, your family and friends to let your hair down and enjoy mucking about on (or should we say “in”) the water.
This event is suitable for anyone aged eight and over with a basic paddling ability and water confidence. Games will include Adventure Dolphin favourites – X-Treme (a mini slalom), open canoe rescue, canoe poling and family races, not to mention the SUP races for the more adventurous, and in honour of our newly formed Dragon Boat Team – a bell boat race.
The fun and games start at 6pm with plans to be on the water for 6.30pm, leaving us with plenty of time to get a real dunking before we refuel with a supper about 8ish.
Don’t forget to bring your own beverages, although soft drinks will be available from our tuck shop for a nominal charge.
For safety reasons pre-requites do apply – as listed below – you will be asked to complete a medial consent form and sign a participant’s agreement on the evening.
Please note: It is essential that all participants are confident swimmers (minimum of 15 metres), have a base level paddling ability and are eight years of age or over on the day of the event.
- Participants must be aged eight or over on the date of the event
Please note: Children must be accompanied in the boat by a parent.
- (If your child is aged eight or under and would like to participate – please contact the Social team who will liaise with our coaches for this event to determine whether an activity that is suitable for their age group can be accommodated)
- You will be required to complete a medical form
- Non members must be accompanied by a member who can vouch for your paddling ability
- You must be a competent swimmer – minimum 15 metres
- You will be required to inform us of you paddling ability eg:
- Participant on a current paddling course
- Any former Star Award
- Completed a six week paddling course
- Regular paddler
Spectators are extremely welcome!
Non-participants are extremely welcome to come and cheer us on and to join participants for supper afterwards.
Event: Playtime on the Thames – fun and frolics for all to enjoy
Date: Saturday 29th June 2019
Doors open: 6pm
On the water by 6.30pm
Supper served: 8pm
Tickets: Members: £5, non members £8 per person.
Venue: Dolphin house, Pangbourne
Super: A selection of cold foods will be served. If you have any special dietary requirement or would prefer a vegetarian dish, email: email@example.com